Convertible ones are the ones that look like laptops or notebooks but scan be swiveled or folded. Slate Tablet PCs are those that have no keyboard. It’s just a display screen and that’s it. Both types use special versions of Windows XP that are designed for navigation and using a stylus (in lieu of a key board). The memory is also not something to joke about; high memory capacity lets you store anything and everything. Let’s not forget about its technical design that allows for easy mobile compatibility. And this is not all; the whole concept is created keeping in mind the style conscious and technology eager generation of today.
And don’t think that only those who are techno whizzes can use this PC, the tablet PC is quite simple to use, almost like a laptop just more advanced. The benefit is that its portable and allows for easy surfing, which is what makes it so popular. You can carry it easily cause of its sleek design and lightweight and you can set it up anywhere. Any child, man or woman, can use a tablet PC and for those who think they can’t, the user manual is so simple you want scream with joy for being able to understand what they are talking about.
Tips for Choosing the Best Tablet PC
- Look for a PC that allows for flexibility, this means you can use the digital pen, stylus or a mobile keyboard. It should also be able to switch from Tablet PC to Notebook PC quite simply.
- Handwriting capability should allow you to write and store information with digital ink and Windows Journal.
- Ensure that it is easily portable, it should be ultra-thin and light; about 3 pounds and less than one inch thick.
- Battery life should be long, over four hours is considered a good battery life.
- Look for tablet PCs with speech recognition software.
- Make sure it has the latest in wireless capability that is an integrated wireless LAN 802.11b and Bluetooth PAN.
- Look for the audio system; it should include built-in speakers, headset adaptor, microphone input and the facility to attach external speakers.
- Check for the inputs, pen, keyboard and pointstick are necessary.
- Docking systems should allow for easy transitions with multi-monitor docking profiles and also come with 4 USB 2.0 ports and MultiBay.
Important Features You Must Consider
- Mobile Intel® Celeron® (ULV) or Intel® Pentium® (ULV) is a must.
- A powerful operating system like the Microsoft® Windows® XP Tablet PC Edition.
- A processor speed of 1.0 GHz.
- A memory of up to 2 GB.
- 30 or 60 GB Smart Hard Drives.
- Ports and Connectors should be inclusive of 2 USB 2.0 RJ-45 (NIC), RJ-11 Modem, VGA internal 802.11b integrated wireless LAN and Bluetooth PAN, 1 ea. PCMCIA slot, 1 ea. Compact flash slot.
New versions, features keep coming up in these PCs. The best buy is done after not only an elaborate study, but a recent one too. If you don’t know much about these gadgets, consult a friend or relative who does.